Thursday, July 17, 2014

Be careful what clients you choose



Hey Fiverrtastic peeps,
Today I would like to talk to you about private clients and large projects on Fiverr. Be careful how much workload you take on no matter how much money you're offered. Make sure you stay firm to your prices too. If you say 3 cents a word for a writing project with a private client do not budge from that price. On Fiverr make sure your gig descriptions are clear and make sure that your delivery time is clear. The new Fiverr will change your delivery time if you deliver late, believe me I know. If you say 10 or 12 days and you deliver in 13 or 14 it will boost your delivery time. It will say the 12 days but in the statistics it will say a higher delivery time. Also Fiverr has a new rating system so ensure you keep your customer happy with lots of contact. The more contact the better chance of getting a good rating and 5 stars. Ok so back to talking about large orders and private clients.



Ok so let me tell you about my last few experiences. I had a Craigslist client who wanted me to work on a novel for him. He had 6 other novel projects too. Ok so this client had handwritten manuscripts and the stories were really good, but he couldn't write to save his life. His use of the English language and grammar was horrendous. I was mortified for even taking on this project. I charged him $75 when I probably should have charged him $300 or even $500 or more. The guy would call me every day or every other day and he expected me to only work on his project. He came over to my house almost every day to pick up the chapters i had typed so I told him that I was done. I quit 1/4 way through the project.



There was a client on Fiverr who was a complete ass too and he expected me to do an outline for his story. I don't do outlines. So after more than a week of having this order and not finishing it because it was a large project he cancelled. I told him I don't do outlines but I would have did a rough draft or the first few pages. I guess he had worked with too many writers on Fiverr from other countries who can't write so having an American writer was a relief. He thought that he could disrespect me though and in the end he got a mutual cancellation. My best piece of advice is if you get negative energy from a client stop working with them because the stress isn't worth the money. Have a Fiverrtastic day.

No comments:

Post a Comment